This On-Demand Webinar course will provide an opportunity for the registrants to analyze cases involving the brain, spine, and head and neck with two of the world’s most renowned experts and leading educators in these fields. Dr. Scott W. Atlas and Dr. Peter M. Som will discuss over 500 selected brain, spine, and head and neck cases in this intensive, personalized tutorial, highlighting their approaches to the differential diagnosis of these diseases. Drs. Atlas and Som will also review pertinent normal anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and imaging concepts. The emphasis will be on a clinically oriented imaging approach that helps refine differential diagnosis. This is a unique experience for registrants to personally discuss cases with the authors of the preeminent texts books on Neuroradiology and Head and Neck Imaging. The course will encourage an open dialogue with Drs. Atlas and Som during the case reviews and additional time has been allotted for questions after each session. This course is designed for neuroradiologists, general radiologists, and clinicians who have an interest in imaging of the brain, spine, and head and neck.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should better be able to:
1. Know the imaging anatomy and protocols that are necessary to arrive at a diagnosis of diseases of the central nervous system and the head and neck.
2. Develop differential diagnosis that relates to the pertinent imaging and clinically relevant findings for each of the cases covered in this course.
3. Improve the imaging skills of the course participants.
4. Integrate the imagining techniques presented into clinical practice.
5. Implement current techniques and protocols to accurately diagnose disorders of the brain and spine in adults and children.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should better be able to:
1. Board certified general radiologists and trainees interested in neuroradiology and head and neck imaging.
3. Radiology residents and fellows in training.
4. Practicing physicians in general neurology, neurosurgery, otolaryngology, and related clinical subspecialities who desire to familiarize and themselves with the current role of imaging in patient evaluation.
5. Allied health care professionals who desire to have an update on the state of current imaging as an aid to patient management for diseases of the brain, spine, and head and neck.
Scott W. Atlas, M.D.
• David and Joan Traitel Senior FellowProfessor of Radiology | Sackler Faculty of Medicine
• Hoover Institution
• Stanford University
Peter M. Som, M.D., F.A.C.R., F.R.S.M.
• Professor of Radiology, Otolaryngology
and Radiation Oncology
• Chief of Head and Neck Imaging Section
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University
New York, New York
Atlas & Som: A Case-by-Case Tutorial on Neuroradiology and Head and Neck Imaging
- Brain Tumors: Fundamentals and Advances
- Brain Tumors: Case Discussion - Scott W. Atlas, M.D.
- Temporal Bones - Peter M Som, M.D.
- Sinonasal Cavities - Peter M Som, M.D.
- Intracranial Vascular Malformations: Imaging Considerations and Case DiscussionScott W. Atlas, M.D.
- Fibroosseous Lesions - Peter M Som, M.D.
- Stroke and Intracranial Hemorrhage: What is Important, and Why - Scott W. Atlas, M.D.
- Stroke and Hemorrhage Case Discussion - Scott W. Atlas, M.D.
- Pharynx and Oral Cavity - Peter M. Som, M.D.
- Spine Imaging: Clinical Approach and Case Discussion - Scott W. Atlas, M.D.
- Parapharyngeal and Masticator Spaces - Peter M. Som, M.D.
- Larynx and Trachea - Peter M. Som, M.D.
- Major Salivary Glands - Peter M. Som, M.D.
- Multiple Sclerosis and White Matter Disease: Clinical Significance and Differential Diagnosis - Scott W. Atlas, M.D.
- White Matter Disease: Case Discussion - Scott W. Atlas, M.D.
- Lymph Nodes - Peter M. Som, M.D.
- Non-Nodal Masses - Peter M. Som, M.D.
- Pituitary and Sellar Imaging: Anatomy, Pathology, and Case Discussion - Scott W. Atlas, M.D.
- The Post Treatment Neck and Surveillance Imaging - Peter M. Som, M.D.
- Orbit - Peter M. Som, M.D.
- Claim Your CME
Atlas & Som: A Case-by-Case Tutorial On Neuroradiology and Head and Neck Imaging - Scott W. Atlas, M.D., Peter M. Som, M.D., F.A.C.R., F.R.S.M.
17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
Refund Policy: Cancellation and refund requests must be made within 24 hours of purchase. Within the first 24 hours you may cancel and be refunded the full amount of the purchase , less a $100.00 administrative fee. After 24 hours no refunds will be allowed.
Please note: If you have applied for CME credit during this period “NO” refunds will be available.
Important Notice Regarding Copyright and Usage
All materials purchased from CME Science are protected by copyright and are for the sole personal use of the purchaser.
Distributing, forwarding, transferring, reproducing, or reselling these educational materials in any way is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing them with others, posting them online, or incorporating them into other products or services.
Your license to access these materials is non-transferable and applies only to you, the original purchaser.
We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to our service, without prior notice, if we find any violation of these terms and conditions.
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and CME Science. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires faculty, planners, and others in control of educational content to disclose all their financial relationships with ineligible companies. All identified conflicts of interest (COI) are thoroughly vetted and mitigated according to PIM policy. PIM is committed to providing its learners with high quality accredited continuing education activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an ineligible company.
The faculty members have nothing to disclose.
Planners and Managers
The PIM planners and managers have nothing to disclose. The CME Science planners and managers have nothing to disclose.
Method of Participation and Request for Credit
During the period November 30, 2021 through December 31, 2023, participants must read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures and study the educational activity.
Computer System Requirements
Any online accessible device.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications. The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient's conditions and possible contraindications and/or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer's product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.